To maintain our pioneering role as one of the most efficient associations of banks in the region by providing services to member banks so as to boost their capabilities and enable them to maximize their contributions to achieving sustainable development in the kingdom.
We seek to upgrade and advance the banking business by safeguarding the interests of member banks, and to achieve the highest levels of coordination among them and with the other partners as well. We aspire to develop and upgrade the process of delivering banking services and enhance the concepts and norms of banking business, in addition to following unified systems and measures for this purpose.
- Team work: We work with member banks in a team spirit for the benefit of Jordan’s society and economy.
- Development and modernity: We seek to upgrade the methods of delivering banking services according to the best international practices.
- Creativity and Excellence: We work to develop creative ideas that serve the members and add quality and excellence to their services.
- Integrity and transparency: We seek to transfer knowledge and exchange information at the highest levels of integrity and transparency.
- Professionalism: We practice our work with high professionalism, comprehensive coverage and full diligence to all developments in the Jordanian, Arab and international banking business.
- Credibility: We abide by accuracy and reliability and we verify our sources of information with high precision.
- Continued learning and training: We endeavor to elevate the academic and professional levels as well as keeping up with all that is new in the banking and financial fields.
The association seeks to upgrade and advance the banking business through the following:
- Looking after the interests of members and coordinating between them in order to achieve their common benefit.
- Improving and modernizing the methods of delivering banking services.
- Deepening the understanding of banking business and its norms as well as following unified regulations and procedures for this purpose.
Taking into consideration the legislative provisions in effect,the association shall be in charge to perform the following tasks and duties in order to achieve its objectives:
- Providing consultancy services to members in the area of their business.
- Discussing the members' common issues related to various activities and finding suitable solutions to problems facing them.
- Cooperating with the central bank in order to attain its monetary policy and exchanging views on various banking issues.
- Exchanging banking knowledge and passing on available information to members.
- Reaching collective agreements between members to standardize whenever possible and after obtaining the approval of the central bank,the conditions of bank dealings.
- Holding educational seminars and lectures as well as training courses about banking and economic issues.
- Cooperating with public and private sector institutions that relate to the objectives of the association.
- Endeavoring to standardize banking terminology,forms and procedures whenever possible.
- Issuing periodic pamphlets and publications that deal with various aspects of banking activities.
- Collecting data ,documents and statistics related to the banking business as will as furnishing members with studies and researches in this regard.
- Providing proposals for upgrading banking and economic legislation's in cooperation with the central bank.
- Establishing cooperation ties between the association and Arab and international banking associations.
- Issuing a banking code of conduct.
- Setting up a banking arbitration center.